- Starting Mushing in 2014
- Where are you from?
- I grew up on a dairy farm in Albany, Minnesota
- Favorite trip Conditions:
A bit of fresh snow, sunshine, blue skies with crazy cloud
formations. I really enjoy the scenery around me, especially when
sun and cloud shadows create dramatic views of Byers Peak.
- Favorite dog:
Aside from all of them, I really enjoy watching the older dogs run
who don't get to go out everyday. Their enthusiasm is contagious.
It is easy to tell that these dogs love every sled trip they get to
- Favorite thing to see on trail:
Guests having a blast! I love the scenery and the dogs working
together and everything that goes with it, but it makes me happiest
to know that other people are having a great time and enjoying the
experience with me.
- What do you do when you are not driving sleds?
I enjoy snowboarding, skiing, hiking, snowmobiling, cross country
skiing, reading, going to the hot tub, eating as much as I can,
mountain biking, rafting, traveling, visiting friends and family.
- What is your favorite part of the trail?
The Miracle Mile; the first mile of the trail.
- What is your favorite restaurant in town?
Pearl Dragon in Granby. They have the best General Tsao's Chicken I
can find anywhere and the service is spectacular! It is family
owned; everyone who works there is full of character and even
remember your name.
- What other jobs have you had?
- Whitewater raft guide
- Bus driver
- High Altitude Custodial Engineer, but really a janitor
- Canoe/Kayak Guide in the Boundary Waters and Apostle Islands
- Recreation Supervisor and Program Leader
- Trip Leader for a summer camp
- Campus Security Guard
- Cheese Bagger at a Kraft Cheese plant
- Dairy Farmer
- Dog Sled Rides of Winter Park Career
- 2017-2018, 14 trips.
- 2016-2017, 194 trips.
- 2015-2016, 320 trips.
- 2014-2015, 333 trips.