Change months by clicking the arrows in the top corners of the calendar. Find a date that offers the service you are looking for and click the date to see the specific times available.
The name associated with the reservation. This could be the name of the organizer, or something like "The Martin Family". Be aware that other guests will see this name displayed on this page.
Your mobile telephone number. Please include your area code. We can not accept international numbers. We will occasionally communicate with you via text message to your mobile number.
The phone number where you are staying locally. Use your mobile phone number if you are coming up for the day or do not know your local number. The local area code is 970. We almost never call your local number.
Optional. If you do not have or do not know what a referral code is, leave this field empty.
It is important that our system be able to communicate with you via email. Please enter a valid email address. Use a comma to separate multiple addresses.
Weigh yourself at home in your winter gear, or add 5 to 15 pounds to your bathroom weight to get your winter sled riding weight.
Enter rider info and press Add Rider
You must login first
To complete the reservation process, you must accept the terms of the reservation.
Reservations may be cancelled or changed up to 2 days (48 hours) prior to your scheduled ride or tour time. There is a $20 per sled (or cart) rebooking fee for rides canceled or changed more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled ride time. If you cancel or change your reservation for any reason within 2 days (48 hours) of your scheduled ride time, you will forfeit your deposit.
The ONLY reason your deposit will be returned if you cancel or change your reservation less than 48 hours prior to your scheduled ride time is if you indicate on your reservation that you are driving to us on the day of your ride, and the road to us is officially closed three hours or less before your scheduled ride time.
Your deposit WILL NOT BE returned for any of the following excuses:
- Someone in your party is sick or injured.
- Too much traffic on the road caused you to be late.
- You get lost navigating to our location.
- You did not realize how far/long of a drive it was to get to us from your location.
- The taxi service forgot to pick you up, or was too late.
- Your flight was late or canceled.
- You don't like the weather on the day of your ride.
- Your car was plowed in and you couldn't get out of your driveway.
- You drove your car off the road and got stuck.
Occasionally we cancel rides for reasons on our end. If we cancel your reservation, but you really want to go for a dog sled ride, we will issue a refund of all payments you have made so far (your deposit).
Some reasons we may cancel your reservation against your will include, but are not limited to:
- Unsuitable weather. Chances of this happening vary depending on the time of year. From mid December to mid March: 0.2%. Mid March through April: 7%. May through October: 27%. November through mid December: 5%.
- Driver did not show up for work. This happens about once every 5,000 rides.
- Dogs did not show up for work. This doesn't happen, but I suppose it could.
Weight Limit Policy
Sleds (on snow in winter): 350 pounds or 158.7 kilograms or 25 stone
Carts (on dry ground, not winter): 450 pounds or 204 kgs or 32 stone
The weight limit applies to the combined weight of all the riders in a single sled (or cart). The weight limit does not apply to the weight of the sled and driver, just the guests.
Please be aware that winter clothing can add as much as 15 pounds per person.
Weight Limit Violations
If you weigh in over our weight limit, one of the following will apply:
- One or more persons in your party will not be able to ride. This is more likely to occur on warm or snowy or windy days.
- If we feel it is safe to accommodate your weight, you will be charged $1 per pound that you are over our current weight limit. This option is more likely on colder, calm wind days.
As a guest, you do not get to choose which option we apply.
Sleds (on snow in winter): If there are three people in the sled, the third person
must be 48 inches or 1.21 meters tall or shorter
Carts (on dry ground, not winter): No limits really
How to Get to Us
from I-70, Winter Park Resort or downtown Winter Park
Take highway 40 towards Winter Park/Fraser. Drive past the ski area, through the town of Winter Park, and through the town of Fraser. 1/2 mile past the town of Fraser is County Road 5. Turn left on County Road 5 and travel 1.3 miles. Look for our green house and American Flag on the right. Do not turn towards Dashing through the Snow. We are not Dashing through the Snow. We are about a half mile further down the road. Our driveway is "U" shaped. If you miss the first entrance, do not slam on your brakes. Slow down and come in the second entrance.
from Grand Lake, Granby, Ski Granby Ranch
Take highway 40 towards Winter Park. As you approach the town of Fraser, look for County Road 5 on the right. (There are two ends to CR 5. The end you want is the end near Fraser, not the end near the YMCA of the Rockies. If you turn on the YMCA end, we are about 5.5 miles on your left.) It is just past the Fraser Sports Complex (softball fields and soccer fields). Turn right on County Road 5 and travel 1.3 miles. Look for our green house and American Flag on the right. Do not turn towards Dashing through the Snow. We are not Dashing through the Snow. We are about a half mile further down the road. Our driveway is "U" shaped. If you miss the first entrance, do not slam on your brakes. Slow down and come in the second entrance.
These driving times are for clear roads and no traffic.
Places from our trailhead to I-70.
- Downtown Fraser: 5 minutes
- Downtown Winter Park: 8 minutes
- Winter Park Resort: 12 minutes
- Top of Berthoud Pass: 25 minutes
- I-70: 43 minutes
Places from our trailhead to Grand Lake.
- Downtown Tabernash: 7 minutes
- Downtown Granby: 20 minutes
- Downtown Hot Sulphur Springs: 30 minutes
- Downtown Grand Lake: 40 minutes
Other Random Places From Which guests Have Asked Directions
- United States Mint, Denver, CO: 1 hour 33 minutes
- U.S. Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, CO: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Stanley Hotel, Estes Park, CO: 2 hours 42 minutes
- Mike the Headless Chicken Statue, Fruita, CO: 3 hours 56 minutes
- T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, NV: 10 hours 48 minutes
- Green Parrot Bar, Key West, FL: 34 hours
- Fairbanks Ice Museum, Fairbanks, AK: 53 hours
I've never used Uber, but I think it is pretty straight forward. Open the app, tell it where you are going, and it should show you where and how many drivers are available. At the time of this writing, there should be at least one active driver in the Fraser Valley.
Amtrak Website. Station code for Fraser is WIP.
Riding a train through Colorado is a great way to take in views of the mountains and ride through a bunch of tunnels. Most people approach from the east which means you come through (or start in) Denver at about 08:00 in the morning and arrive in Fraser at about 10:00 in the morning. At the time of this writing, the one way fare is about $45 which is much cheaper than taking a shuttle service from Denver. If you take a train to us, we recommend allowing at least a two hour cushion in your schedule if you are wanting to take a ride on the same day.
If you are coming directly to us, you will still need a rental car or taxi service from the train station. Or, if you like a challenge, you can walk the 2.1 miles to our kennel from the station.
Winter Park Express Train Directions
Amtrak Website. Station code for the Winter Park Resort is WPR.
The Winter Park Express is a special version of the Amtrak train service that only runs only between Denver and the resort only on weekends and only in winter. After getting to the resort, you will still have to rent a car/taxi/uber to get to us.
Apparently you can rent a car in Fraser and Granby. Check out these companies if you are looking for your own vehicle while in town:
- Fraser Car Rentals, 520 Zerex St, (970) 726-5841
- Hertz Rent A Car, 535 Zerex St, (970) 726-8993
- Avalanche Car Rentals, Inc., 622 E Garnet Ave, (970) 887-3908
Valley Taxi (970) 726-4940
The taxi service is not open everyday, and when open, it sometimes does not operate during daylight hours. When it is open, it does not always have enough cars and staff to handle demand. If you are going to rely on the taxi service to get to us, call them first to see if they are going to be operating on the day and time of your reservation. Also call at least 24 hours in advance to make an appointment for a pickup time.
In January of 2017, we had guests make a reservation for the taxi, then call to confirm 24 hours in advance to make sure all was well. On the morning they were supposed to be transported to us, they called the taxi again, and the taxi service told them that they would not be able to pick them up as scheduled. So, please rely on this service at your own peril.
Our cancellation policy does not allow for a refund if the taxi fails to pick you up or fails to get you to us in time for your scheduled ride.
Free Bus Directions
We are NOT on the free bus route operated by the ski area. Some hotels including Fraser Crossing, Founders Pointe and Zephyr Mountain Lodge have a complimentary shuttle for their guests. Call the front desk to see if your hotel has this service. You can see the map of the free bus lines here.